Final Blog

My Online Presence 


    I would say I have a very large digital footprint. To people in today's society it may be average considering everyone has some sort of social media presence. But, if you think about it, people from before technology, or even people from when technology first became popular, our footprint is 100x bigger than they ever would've expected it to be. 
    I personally do not have my own website but I do have almost every social media app there is. I have accounts on Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Facebook, Tik Tok, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc. Each of these accounts I mostly use on a regular basis for different things. I benefit from each of these accounts differently. Facebook is mainly family based. I keep in touch with a lot of my family who live in Italy, along with my family friends, grandparents, etc. I use Instagram to keep in touch with friends and people I surround myself with a lot. I also find out a lot of different information going on in the world and I keep updated with the lives of celebrities. I do the same with Twitter. I find a lot of news related information on Twitter. Pinterest I use for anything and everything. I found ideas on how to redo my room, what nails I want next, clothing I may want, and so much more. Snapchat is another way to keep in touch with my friends when I am not using I messenger. LinkedIn I just recently got for networking purposes but it is still very influential and helpful to me. I try to stay as professional as possible throughout all of my social media platforms. I have grown up with my parents telling me that "once something is on the internet it can never be fully erased".
    Going along with my previous statement about trying to stay professional on all social media platforms, I try to keep a positive image that makes me look presentable and positive. I like to post with my friends and family, my vacations, events, etc. I love to share my life with everyone who follows me. But, I obviously have a limit to the amount I show to people I am not close to. I would hope visitors to my pages would see that I am very outgoing and I love to be out and about doing anything and everything that I can. 
    I understand it is very hard to not give out at least some information when it comes to the internet. Everything now involves some sort of account or information of some sort to tie you to whatever you do. I try to stray away from any information that would not be needed but I do have to usually give my full name, email, and maybe my phone number for accounts of any sort. I have so many accounts that tie me to numerous different things whether it is social media, editing accounts, orders, etc. 
    When it comes to the question, "Does Social Media make people lonely?", I think it all depends on perspective. Some people spend all of their time on social media and it strains their relationships and work ethic for the future. But, there are others who benefit greatly from social media and what it has to offer. Whether it is exposure to companies from your talents that you showed on you accounts to people who make a living being an influencer or a social media representative. There are studies to show people are more anti-social in today's society than they ever have been before and social media is the main reason for this. But, people believe that they feel more open discussing certain topics with people through the internet and may feel they are more social than they have ever been because of the opportunities social media brings for communication around the world. Social Media could have a play in someone isolating themselves from the world and I believe that should not happen. But, Social Media has so many benefits, that the pros out-way the cons in my mind. 

 My Accounts

Instagram

My main audience for my instagram are my friends and people I am surrounded with from school, work, etc. I post my favorite photos on here so everyone can see what I am up to.


Twitter

I do have a Twitter account but I have not used or even thought about it in over two years.


VSCO

My main audience for my VSCO is closer friends and random people who follow me because they enjoy what I post. I usually post photos to this platform that I did not post on my Instagram. I like to think of this account as a photo overflow account. I can also edit photos and add filters with this app.



LinkedIn

My LinkedIn Profile was recently made for networking purposes and to keep track of my accomplishments that I feel people in my intended field of work would like to see.


Tik Tok

Tik Tok is a video making app that is very popular right now. I have a public account which I cannot say for most of my other accounts. While I do keep it appropriate, I like to have fun and make funny videos with my friends.

Snapchat

Snapchat is a place where I keep in touch with people when I am not texting or calling them. This platform allows its users to take photos and add text, text, call, facetime, etc. I have a lot of people that I went to high school with and people I go to college with on this app.

Facebook

Facebook is mainly meant for people in my family, family friends, and I have some of my closer friends on Facebook as-well. I post major events that I took photos at like birthdays, graduation, school dances, etc. My family loves to see updates in my life so this is my way to get all of the pictures to them from across the world. I have a lot of family in Italy and they love to see me grow up since I do not see them.

I guess you can say my online presence is abundant but, it is also filled with memories that will last a lifetime!

Comments